The Community Foundation of the Dan River Region established the RiverBank Fund to gather substantial donations throughout Virginia and North Carolina earmarked for the protection and revitalization of the Dan River.
The RiverBank Fund’s mission is to steward resources and provide community support to assure The Dan River is beautiful, protected and central to the recreational and economic well-being of our region for generations to come. Residents and businesses from Patrick, Henry, Pittsylvania, Halifax, Mecklenburg counties (VA) and Stokes, Caswell, Rockingham counties (NC), as well as the City of Danville and beyond, want the Dan River and its tributaries to thrive.
The Fund will help in five fundamental ways:
1. Responsibly address water quality for regional residents and companies.
2. Encourage new development that ecologically features the River.
3. Improve the cleanliness of the River and the Basin and help protect it from environmental threats.
4. Increase access to the River for family-friendly sports, recreation and entertainment.
5. Effectively promote the River to build regional pride and encourage tourism.